The day is gone, and all its sweets are gone !
Sweet voice, sweet lips, soft hand , and softer breast,
Warm breath, light whisper, tender semitone,
bright eyes, accomplished shape, and lang'rous waist !
Faded the flower and all its budded charms,
Fadded the sight of beauty from my eyes,
Fadded the shape of beauty from my arms,
Fadded the voice, warmth, whiteness , paradise -
Vanished unseasonably at shut of eve,
When the dusk holiday  -  or holinight
of fragrant-curtained love begins to weave
the woof  of darkness thick, for hid delight;
But, as I've read love's missal through to-day,
He'll let me sleep, seeing I fast and pray.

Soneto escrito por John Keats de forma shakespeariana, provavelmente datado no dia 10 de outubro de 1819, depois de uma visita de algumas horas à Fanny Brawne. No dia seguinte, Keats mandou-lhe uma carta, na qual se lê: " Minha querida,estou vivendo hoje o dia de ontem; fiquei completamente fascinado o dia todo.Sinto-me à sua mercê...Você me deslumbrou - não há nada no mundo tão brilhante e admirável".

*  Imagem  via  Encore Life

Marcadores:

| Por Prensada | domingo, 10 de outubro de 2010 | 17:06.